ICST 2019 Tools Demo CFP
In addition to the tool track papers, ICST 2019 will also be accepting submissions of demonstrations of testing-related tools and prototypes. The goal is to provide a highly interactive session where researchers and practitioners can experiment and discuss their tools.
Demonstrations provide an opportunity to communicate how a scientific approach has been implemented or how a hypothesis has been assessed, including details such as implementation and usage challenges, data models and representations, APIs for tool and data access.
A demonstration should focus on novel aspects of early prototypes or mature tools. It must clearly communicate the following information to the audience:
· The software testing challenges it proposes to address.
· The envisioned users and the presumed methodology for these users.
· The results of validation studies already conducted for mature tools, or the design of planned studies for early prototypes.
Each submission will be reviewed by at least two members of the organizing committee. The evaluation criteria include:
· The relevance of the proposed demonstration for the ICST audience.
· The technical soundness of the demonstrated tool.
· The originality of its underlying ideas.
· The quality of its presentation in the associated video.
· The degree to which it considers the relevant literature.
Submissions will be handled via EasyChair (Tools, Demos, Artifacts track of ICST 2019):
The Tools, Demos, Artifacts track of ICST 2019 uses single-blind reviewing, which means that demos need not be anonymized.
Each submission must include a one page summary (PDF) describing:
· Demo title or name of the demonstrated tool.
· Authors and affiliations.
· Main goals of the demonstrated tool.
· Main contributions of the demonstrated tool.
· Capabilities and maturity of the demonstrated tool.
In addition to the one page summary, authors are expected to submit a video (up to five minutes long). The demonstration plan and/or video must clearly convey:
· Overview of the tool’s capabilities.
· Walkthrough of (some of) the tool capabilities.
· Where appropriate, provide clarifying voice-over and/or annotation highlights.
The video must be available online at the time of submission.
There will be an award for the best demonstration.
· Submission: January 7, 2019
· Notification of acceptance: January 28, 2019
Address: no. 28 xianning west road, xi 'an, shaanxi province: 710049
Copyright: site construction and maintenance of xi 'an jiaotong university: data and information center